Friday, June 11, 2010

The CMA Fest, CMT Awards, and (The Crew)

Ok...this blogging thing got postponed unexpectedly due to internet problems. But, we got it restored and are back and running.

So, this entry is not intended to be as intense or mind-blowing as the first initial one. However, it does deal with some pretty exciting events that took place for the week. So this is moreso a "catch-up" time brought to you from the little world of Matt.

Basically, this week has been concert attending galore. Flood benefit concert was great and inspiring with some great Christian music that included Natalie Grant singing her face off. Then, we had the chance with friends this week to be in the "mosh pit" at the CMT Awards.

We waited in line to get in, just so happened that a torrential downpour came about and soaked everyone. So, that started out the long wait in addition to the herding of around 300 people around the Bridgestone Arena. However, very cool experience with being right at the stage runway where the presenters and winners were. *In fact, you can see my friends and I in every shot, as a sidenote* We are pretty much famous and taking offers.

Went first night of CMA Fest last night with big Country acts like Danny Gokey, Tim McGraw....others , Lady A. and Carrie Underwood. Which had around 42,000 in attendance.

Alright..now for the deep thought part of my blog: It first off reminded me how amazing it is that the thousands of people will drive from all over to see a few artists, bands, and literally lay on the streets to get someone's autograph. For a side note, I also wanted to give mad props to Carrie U. I was very impressed as she went from "Temporary Home", to "Jesus Take the Wheel" to "How Great Thou Art" as the main headliner in front of 42,000.

All of these experiences do put things in perspective. First off, it reminds me once again just in one football stadium how small I really am in this world. It also sparks the thought for me hypothetically if I were given the chance to be in any of the "stars" shoes what messages would I choose to share on the platform?

What if roles were in the production were messed up...sound, lights, out-of-tune, sour vocals, poor marketing for this huge event? It would make the "star" look bad possibly and more than likely the lacking in production crew could be fired.

What if we just entertained the thought of sharing our faith (the Gospel message) as if it were similar? Some of the crew slacks...poor marketing, bad representation through sound or images? Would people want to take interest in our "star" or "product". Is the sound distorted to where you can't hear or am I singing some sour notes?

More random thoughts that swim around my head as I thoroughly enjoy the music and concert world. Maybe off-the-wall, but hey, it's ok. Peace.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to be a part of another exciting week in Nashville.
    I loved loved loved seeing you on TV!.
    I think it is so special to be reminded that no matter where we are, what we are doing, or how small we feel..God still sees and loves us!
    Thanks for reminding us that HE is "STAR" that we should stay focused on!

    i love ya

    sidenote..
    (i do love Rascall Flatts and Lady "A")

    :)

    ReplyDelete