Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jordin Sparks, Step-by-Step, and a Few Thoughts To Kick It Off...

Well, I have to say I never would have thought I would be sitting down to write a blog. Of course, my life recently has been a constant stream of overwhelming experiences. Many of you may or may not know that I moved to the Nashville area in January. So, as time has progressed, I literally have had something new to face everyday. When I was working with EMI Christian Music Group, I completely expected to be doing small mundane tasks, as I've told many, and isn't it funny how the Lord has a completely different scheduled agenda than the list you want to follow?? It turns out that it is Better and works out in ways you never would've dreamed of.

I had heard a majority of my life about faith, peace, guidance and even experienced so many events to this very day that I could talk about to show how the Lord has allowed me to take part in. (As I'm singing the theme song to "Step By Step" in my head right now). But this point in my life has really woken me up to reflect on so many past events and used those to trust and have faith for the future.

I began to ask myself why was I allowed to be placed here at this moment, at this time... when I could've been anywhere else in the most horrific situations.
I'm reminded by Louie Giglio's series where he refers to us as a minute speck on a tiny golf ball out of billions compared to the view from the Sun. (If the Earth were a golf ball).... and even though I never thought I would be here, be working with people in the music industry, be searching for a full-time job, be writing on a blog that maybe my family will read (if I'm lucky..ha), and yet still, the "star breather" has loved this little hint of a speck and allowed me to be here, at this place, this time. Why?

I can not help it as Jordin Spark's song "One Step At A Time" goes through my mind while typing, but it does. Even though I do not know the next step, I have been reminded each and everyday that the Creator of the Universe has specifically allowed me be here at this place at this time...even writing this blog right now. Though, this is a huge collaboration of some random thoughts going on up in the "noggin", I love how in Matthew 6 it says live Today because we do not know what tomorrow brings. So, this really challenged me and asked what can I do here, now, today? Even in the unknowing future with jobs, living, bills, and yes even girls? Then, it hit me that I truly can't do anything. Even though I fail miserably everyday...it has and always will be Him that allows me (the hint of a speck) to serve, be used, and live for Him and if I choose not to, then He can just move on to another person to use.

Definitely do not want that...so, my first blog has to consist of telling you where I am right now and I wanted to set the stage for the true author and writer of my life.

Excited to see what is in store!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blog world my friend. Will be good to read your thoughts and follow your journey. Thanks for letting us all in on the ride. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know how I feel about blogging! I love everything you wrote and look forward to more (I put you in my bloglines :) God knew who He could trust and you, Matt are making Him proud! I cannot wait to see where this journey leads. I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey honey,

    As I have said so many times before.. I am so very proud of you, and I know Our Heavenly Father is as well! Daddy and I have always tried to instruct you to follow the Lord in all you do and it is amazing, thrilling, exciting,and peaceful (as odd as that sounds)to see where the Lord leads. As bad as I miss you being here.. I so much more want you to be right where God wants you to be, and for now it is in Nashville.
    I love you so so much!
    Mom..
    (oh..love the statement about the family reading the blog...uhm)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt

    It's so good to hear how you are doing and how you are depending on the leadership of the Lord for what he wants you to do. I am so very proud of you. I love you and miss you.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Matt. I am proud of you! The Lord is working big in your life. And we can not wait to see what he has for you!! Great post and I can't wait to see what is to come! Praying for you!

    Mandy Church

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one "speck" to another, when God's leading, who cares where or how we'll land? This "speck" was fortunate enough to share a vapor in time with you, and what a blessing that was for me! Now, I get to see how God uses you. He'll use everything you give HIM. Here's my new mantra... "live today how you want to be remembered FOREVER."
    - your youth leading "speck" (E)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt, your blog is awesome ! It is so great how The Lord is working in your life and the willingness you have to serve HIM ! I know your family is proud of you. What a light you are to this dark world. Can't wait to follow you through your blog. God Bless and keep you in his loving care! I am proud of you and praying for you.
    Tammy Guess

    ReplyDelete