Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Recent Adventures and Us "Telling God What To Do"

Hello generous blog readers! This blog thing can take some serious time. I was planning on taking time to make it look good, start some reviews on movies and music, and I have definitely been slacking on all of that. So....I apologize. More of this listed will be on its way very soon!

While we wait, I did want to provide an update for everyone interested. This past week I have been able to partake in some amazing meetings for things going on and things that will be happening. Some to point out are new things at Show Hope (which I will touch on at another time), Mary Beth Chapman, Newsboys, and our E1 Entertainment people (William McDowell, EA, and others).

I have also been able to take part in some amazing services at Kairos at Brentwood Baptist the past few weeks through great speakers such as Dave Ramsey, Priscilla Shirer, and amazing worship stuff. I usually try to avoid names on anything and can not usually stand when people do the name dropping thing. However, I felt it was necessary for everyone to know this week and for everyone that has been asking for awhile.

If I were to sit here and write stories, thoughts, and revelations through all these encounters no one would have enough time to read how blessed I've been. Of course, I really want to try hard to make it less about what "I am doing".

So, something that did stand out to share was simply one statement in a meeting I was in. We were talking about worship and how so many people go to church or even in prayer and love to tell God what they want from Him. That takes me to the other week when the pastor at GracePointe talked about Peter and the grace continually shown to him. There was a time when Jesus was talking about what was going to happen and Peter completely stops him and it says he took Jesus aside and began to rebuke him. (Mark 8:31, 32)

That description sounds crazy and funny how after all Peter has done and continued to do, and he pulls Jesus aside to "rebuke" him. Isn't it funny how we all can be the same? We pray "asking" God to do this and that for us and do we ever open ourselves up and ask what do YOU want from us??





No comments:

Post a Comment